Popular Posts

Friday, June 28, 2013

Death of a Pet, part 2


Death of A Pet

In spite of all the prayers and tears:
the end!
My dog I so adored,
My friend!
My touching, licking,
 Yelping, 
Tender pet,
Gone, 
And yet;
I feel him ever-present at my side,
My light, my love, my guide,
 “Sit up”, 
“Roll over”
“Heel”
I offered him my heart to steal,
And he came running at my call;
My dog, my friend,
He was my all!

............................................................................
I’D LIKE TO THINK....

There is a place
Where dogs convene; 
Who’ve gone away 
And can’t be seen, 
They frisk and frolic all around 
And paw and dig up all the ground
And bark all night if they desire
And roll around in muck and mire
Cavort and carry on all day
With nothing more to do than play
And feast on beef and leather shoes
And gnaw on toys and doggy chews.
They chase some sticks and bite some balls
No fences, houses, stakes or walls
They’ve no constraints and no complaints
They lick and slobber without restraints
In doggie heaven, they leap for joy
And hear no words but “Atta boy!”

No comments:

Post a Comment