Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I'm back!

I just realized there was a way to track viewers on a blog and was stunned to find this:
Page views all time history for Tree House Reflections
3,290
I only write on my blog now and then so could not believe over three thousand people have viewed it! Researching the stats page a little further, I discovered that many readers have come from FaceBook and have been primarily interested in my stories about the son I relinquished for adoption, but a great many more viewers have come from Google and Bing, from people who were searched "poem for a dying friend" which just happens to be the title of one of my poems. The poem I wrote is about a specific person and relationship, but now I am really inspired to write a more generic poem since the interest is high, so check my blog tomorrow for a new post!

There is so much more to write about my son... the painful and difficult, but ultimately triumphant,  process of building relationship with one you love intensely but have wounded immeasurably and a mother-child bond that did not develop in the usual way, but is in some ways even more intense for that very reason.  There is more to write about the damage done by hidden secrets, the perceptions that often are not at all based in reality.... but that will wait for another day, as I find myself encouraged to write about that ever-looming subject, death, and especially the death of a friend, an experience that grows more and more frequent as my husband and I move into that last quarter of our life.  Hopefully, I have gained some wisdom and can write something insightful and/or encouraging.  Tune in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment